Forums Theme and Software Upgrade
The ubuntuforums.org needs to be upgrade to the latest version of the vBulletin software for security reasons. Also the look for ubuntuforum.org needs to be update to match the new theme for Ubuntu websites.
[Copied from Gobby document: ubuntutheprojec
Test forum: http://
* status of Launchpad - openid?
* The LP coders are aware of this. (Mike 11/15)
* most plugins need changes from vb3-4
* technoviking has found vb4 versions for most plugins we use
* lily recommended a few sections of the guidelines that would be helpful
* The top navigation would be cleaner if we stuck to the orange (instead of the purple)
- they are working with Matt of the Wiki for a global header & footer (network wide)
* Warnings are in a lighter tone of purple (that shade isn't in the pallet)
* Footer perhaps should be orange
* logo's have an exclusion zone (measurements are found in the guidelines)
* the ubuntu font should be implemented (font.ubuntu.com)
* Headers (spacing/
* Treatment of several of the graphics
* shadows on the boxes (remove) because it adds some heaviness
* icon's are buttony - perhaps simpler iconography (http://
* Much of this has been done (Mike 11/15)
* Jorge points
* Our forums are the opposite of the stylings of our other web properties (not simple)
* Example of simple --> ArsTechnica (phpbb)
* no sigs or avatars
*The FC is discussing this, but the Ubuntu Forums needs to have it own style and just not copy others forums.
[is] - Staging Enviroment set up so we can test it: TODO
[is/others] - Upgrade plugins from VB3 -> VB4: TODO
 - Feedback to Design Team on Guidlines usefulness: TODO
[Design Team] - provide mockup of the Global Header and Footer: TODO
[Mike] - Look at CC icons and possobility of use www.famfamfam.