Language Pack Updates Schedule
A clear policy on language pack updates for stable releases, stating for which releases and when they will be published. A public calendar where translators and testers can subscribe to to follow the language pack update schedule.
- Jono Bacon
- David Planella
- David Planella
- Series goal:
- Accepted for natty
- Milestone target:
- Started by
- David Planella on 2010-12-21
- Completed by
- David Planella on 2011-05-17
- dpm seems to prefer is to go with bimonthly (every two months) language pack updates for the last two stable releases
- pitti prefers option C for language pack updates
- message sharing offers additional benefit of translating newer releases and getting updates on old releases
- Main bottleneck: testing!
- automating tests:
- qa tools can read texts if the app is accessible.
- end to end test testing is the non-trivial part. To set up those tests.
- On-demand updates: bug, assigning or subscribing to ubuntu-langpack.
- Proof of concept script for automated translation testing, by Jean-Baptiste Lallement (jibel), now available at https:/
- Language pack update request: https:/
Work items for natty-alpha-1:
[dpm] Schedule a call with ara to discuss the creation of some scripts to explore semi-automating language pack tests: DONE
[k-nielsen81] Set up a wiki page template with the agreed language pack schedule (Option C on the spec): DONE
[dpm] Contact kate.stewart to see whether we should use the main release schedule calendar or set up a separate one for language pack updates: DONE
[dpm] Send an e-mail to kate.stewart with a summary of the points that need to improve during the development release cycle for translations: DONE
[k-nielsen81] Set up a calendar feed for the Maverick language pack updates: DONE
[k-nielsen81] Create a wiki page for the Maverick language pack updates, with a calendar link: DONE
Work items for natty-alpha-2:
[dpm] Provide a proof-of-concept mago script to test translations for a given package: DONE
Work items for natty-alpha-3:
[k-nielsen81] Set up a calendar feed for the Lucid language pack updates: DONE
[k-nielsen81] Create a wiki page for the Lucid language pack updates, with a calendar link: DONE
[k-nielsen81] Set up a calendar feed for the Natty language pack updates: DONE
[k-nielsen81] Create a wiki page for the Natty language pack updates, with a calendar link: DONE
[pitti] Update the descriptive text in https:/
[dpm] Write a document on the wiki describing the procedure for on-demand updates, based on https:/