12.04.x images with LTS Enablement Kernel
Support and users would like Cloud Images that support the LTS Enablement Kernel
Produce 12.04.x images that boot by default to the LTS Enablement kernel
Bob likes Ceph. The ceph modules in 3.2 do not work as well as later kernel images.
Alice likes btrfs. The btrfs kernel module in 3.2 do not have the latest features. She wants to stay on 12.04.
- Kernel upgrade story at the end of the LTS kernel is nil. Users have to manually upgrade.
- Produce new cloud-images with LTS Enablement kernel
[OUT OF SCOPE]
Ubuntu Cloud Images for 12.04.x are now being produced with the LTS-Enablement Kernel, in addition to the 3.2 seriies that orginially shipped with 12.04 LTS. The LTS-Enablement kernel allows those who need to run a newer kernel versions.
- [smoser] Adding yet another image
- [smoser] Enable rebundling images
- [utemming] Enable cloud-init short-hand to do this automatically
1305 vUDS Pad: http://
[utlemming] Add build for LTS Enablement kernel: TODO
[utlemming] Switch Azure Precise to use the new build: TODO
[utlemming] Add index on cloud-images for new build: TODO
[utlemming] Add to Simple Streams: TODO
[utlemming] Annouce new builds: TODO
[utlemming] Add to Jenkins automated testing: TODO
[utlemming] Creation promotion proccess: TODO
* Blueprints in grey have been implemented.