Maverick Server Guide Updates
Discuss/confirm additions and updates to the Server Guide release for Ubuntu 10.10.
Reviewers: ttx + mathiaz
[davewalker] ubuntu-10.10: 1
[ttx] ubuntu-10.10: 1
[mathiaz] ubuntu-10.10: 1
Better document mail-stack integration: TODO
Upgrading from an EOL release: TODO
Instructions for virtio: TODO
Puppet integration: DONE
Clustering updates: TODO
OpenLDAP and network authentication sections: TODO
Review and update Windows Networking sections: TODO
Review and update UEC: TODO
Work items maverick-alpha-2:
[asommer] Possibly remove eBox section: DONE
[asommer] User Management and Console Security sections should be reviewed and removed if too dated: DONE
[asommer] Remove OpenNebula section: DONE
Work items ubuntu-10.10:
[davewalker] UEC updates and review: DONE
[ivoks] Additional clustering sections: TODO
[andreserl] Review, update, and possibly help with new clustering sections: TODO
[soren] vmbuilder updates: TODO
[jdstrand] ufw updates: POSTPONED
[ttx] Review Tomcat section: DONE
[ttx] New install tasks: DONE
[mathiaz] Help with new Puppet section: DONE
Assistance needed (please translate to work items for the beta iteration):
UEC updates - daviey
Probably with some of the clustering updates, or information on additional guides - roaksoax / ivoks
vmbuilder updates - soren
ufw updates - jdstrand
Maybe some input on the Tomcat secion - ttx
A heads up about new install tasks would be good - ttx
Should the OpenNebula section be dropped? - mostly unchanged since jaunty
May need help with proposed new Puppet section - mathiaz
ttx review / 20100526:
* In order to assess how much this will impact the team, having a set of targets and outline where you'd need our help would be great
* Could you turn the implementation details into a set of work items, following https:/
mathiaz review / 20100526:
* I'd suggest to list the section of the guide that need to be updated in this release cycle with a rough outline of what needs to be done.
* I'd suggest to list new sections to be added to the server guide
* I'd suggest to list sections to be deleted / merged.
* Create headers for new sections even if they aren't written yet.
* May help with new contributers.
* Remove ubuntu-serverguide package.
* List of top subjects that need to be documented.
* Create more interest/buzz for contributing.
* Make the process more appealing to developers.
* Section on contributing to the Guide in the Server Guide.
* Take a serious look at LaTeX.
* Post release updates to documentation.
* Look into server team owning h.u.c/serverguide or something similar.