Apport hooks for server packages
In order for users to provide quality bug reports in launchpad and eventually upstream needed. Select server packages should have apport hooks be included that provide information that is need for quality bug reports.
This is a continuation of the work started in lucid.
Spec rescoped for community contributions
(1) Create a blog post to get people interested in doing apport hooks: DONE
Reviewers: ttx + jib
ttx review / 20100526:
* In order to prioritize correctly, could you split the set into prio 1/2/3 based on how desirable each hook is ?
* Suggested assignees: zulcss / ?
* Estimated complexity: 3-5
* Suggested priority: 3/Low
* Suggested Subcycle: Iteration 1 and 2
jib review / 20100526:
* As documentation on how to create apport hooks should be readily available,
i'd like to enlist the help of the package maintainers to write the hooks. Looking
at the list, this means enlisting the mailstack maintainers primarily.
+ There is loads of documentation on how to write apport hooks already in the wiki.
+ I agree with the mail stack, I was going to write debdiffs for postfix, dovecot I can do myself.
* Priority in brackets.