bug tracking, targetting, lists
How will we build the list of desktop bugs that we think we should work on the during the LTS cycle?
The current list from Pedro and Qa are a nice but they only cover selected set, how do we get visibility on i.e foundation issues, kernel bugs, plymouth issues, etc that impact on what we are doing?
Also, we need to track design bugs and changes: http://
That's mainly an open discussion session on how to handle our bugs
Lists that we have right now:
- release targetted
- team assigned
- rls-mgr-X-tracking / rls-X-tracking
- We want one page with two tables:
- stuff we are committed to (release targetted + rls-X-tracking)
- stuff we need to evaluate/assign (release targetted + !rls-X-tracking)
- divide them between target to precise and the release tracking one.
- investigate on how to filter the bugs.
- brad's reports have the ability to filter by packages
- create launchpad teams for each of the parts of the desktop (if not already there), and subscribe the team to all pertinent packages
- desktop-team = gnome + firefox + xorg + dx-tracking etc.
Put a link to the design pages and viceversa : http://
- SRU bugs : discuss the bugs adding after / before the release.
- bugs targetted to the released filed before or after the release, might improve SRU triaging/spotting
- tracking bugs on another team (kernel, foundations, etc):
- follow x team approach of opening a task for the desktop package.
== Sidenote ==
- assignees can't be used to represent the person that's working on the bugs because currently it's not possible to say in Launchpad that you are willing to fix a bug (as a user, not a team) otherwise than assigning yourself to it
Work items for ubuntu-
Split Precise page in two, one containing release targeted and the other with the rls-X-tracking bugs: DONE
[bryce] Investigate on how to filter the bugs aka add search: POSTPONED
[bryce] Create/Review launchpad teams for each of the parts of the desktop ie: desktop-team, firefox-team, xorg-team, etc.: POSTPONED
[bryce] add link to the design pages: POSTPONED
[bryce] improve the way SRU bugs are being shown, diff between bugs filed after and before release: POSTPONED
* Blueprints in grey have been implemented.