Gwibber features needed in support of the Social from the start initiative as well as stabilization needs.
Things to discuss:
* Profile image caching
- maybe looking at webkit-gtk caching
* webkit memory caching
* dbus for passing messages as json or pull them directly from couch?
* message storage/cache in couch
* gtk fixes for close buttons in tree view
* unviewed message count per stream displayed
- should that message count be in the indicator?
= Gwibber Enhancements =
== Stability improvements ==
* don't pass messages over dbus, cache them in couchdb and applications retrieve them directly from couchdb
* imaging download/caching, there is a problem with fetching messages and updating the icon when it is done downloading
* check out gio and watching from icon caching watches
== First run experience ==
* work is already planned to create a new account interface
== usability enhancements ==
* indicator usage, display count as well as replies
* display message count in the tree
* create a simple new text input window that applications can call that pre-populates some text that you can edit it and post
- sosocial, just enhance what is there
* default to checked for send/receive checkboxes for new accounts
* close notifications when the all messages stream is focused (perhaps don't close notifications for replies)
* check for interest and quit the daemon when client is closed if there is no interest (in the indicator)
* toolbar is mostly wasted space, if we can find a better place for search we should get rid of it
* menu includes a view for "Account Tree", when select the tree view is titled "Streams". Calling it a tree is confusing.
* search column should be removed from the account screen
* consider options for optimize the user interface for the casual user
* Move search to the search stream, get rid of toolbar
* combobox needs to be reviewed for behavior with dark themes
* include a feeds for all mentions, including people you aren't subscribed to
* create a combined feed that shows everything, replies, mentions, direct messages, etc
* notifications should be a little smarter about content and make simpler choices for contents presented in notify-osd
- if it is a photo posted, display "John Doe posted a photo" or if they posted just a url display "John Doe posted a web link"
* look for missing dependencies for spell checking
* fail gracefully when url shorteners fail (example: panera bread blocks url shorteners)
* handle links to software center, kind of like apturl but take you to the view in software center