Unity Big-Screen Productivity
Unity has brought some great usability improvements on small screens, but what about large screens and multiple screens? As the classic desktop will go away in Oneiric, now is the time for stake holders to speak up. This is a concern for the Novacut folks, but surely for many others too.
* What's the low hanging fruit (bigscreen papercuts for Oneiric)?
* What are more aggressive changes that might be feasible for Oneiric?
- I agree with MPT that the menu hide till hover needs to go
- On bigscreens especially, I'd love the global menu to only be used when an app is maximized
- How can we improve quickly placing windows side by side with no wasted space, no overlap?
* Is much potential change on the table for 12.04, or will Unity be basically frozen?
* I have this "global tabs" concept for post-LTS food for thought, big dreaming... not saying this is the right approach, but I've love us to get to a point where the applications were abstracted enough from assumptions about the desktop that would can start trying some bolder experiments with this wonderful space between the applications.
- Not started
- Needs approval
- Series goal:
- Milestone target:
- Started by
- Completed by