We will present Developers.com, a site for developers to find the tools they need to create apps.
[jml] Explore getting an API and simple interface for submitting to MyApps: TODO
[jml] Change ~/.pkgName to ~/.config/pkgName on the "Packaging requirements" page on developer.
- Initally we had more "marketing" information, but user testing showed that developers are more interested in getting started
- Why develop for Ubuntu? The My Apps part tested quite well, but other areas were controversial
- Step-by-step process on how to get started with Quickly
- Quickly supports Python. IDE integration? Ongoing discussion, but not a priority
- Feedback: it'd be great to have integration from Quickly to My Apps account creation
- Feedback: the Quickly needs an icon
- Feedback: use an actual app that's on the Software Centre rather than Angry Birds
Currently, to submit applications you must go to the website and upload a tarball. Would be great to have APIs & desktop-side clients (esp. ones that integrate with IDEs) so that people could submit without going to the website.
We need to show the submit tutorial button in a more prominent way in the resources page
We're missing a button to bring people to MyApps from the Publish page
Additional notes from Yaili:
Quickly details (title, screenshot, etc.) on Ubuntu Software Centre should be updated
Include more information about what happens after publishing an application, access to bug reports, what information will developer get, etc.
Quickly should create a Launchpad account
Question: Why is the minimum price $2.99?
Homepage: The dynamic section at the bottom should have titles for Blog and Events
Publish: 80/20 pie chart to be updated with correct proportions - https:/
Publish: Change image on step 3
Publish: Add link to My Apps at the end of this page
Community: Update top banner photo when new group photo is ready
Make it clear which format the price has to be submitted in
Make it clear which icon size is required
Ubuntu Software Centre: Should address users' spelling mistakes instead of developer having to submit common mistakes on My Apps
Specify guidelines for screenshots sizes, should it show entire desktop, just app, etc.
Possibility of adding multiple screen shots?
Add min-height to pages and make footer go full height