Ubuntu Global Jam (S-series)

Registered by Randall Ross on 2013-03-12

Tasks to organize the Ubuntu Global Jam (S series). Event is scheduled to occur on:
Fri September 13 2013
Sat September 14 2013
Sun September 15 2013

Teams with special requirements may hold events any time in September, though the above dates are preferred.

Blueprint information

Status:
Started
Approver:
Daniel Holbach
Priority:
Undefined
Drafter:
Randall Ross
Direction:
Needs approval
Assignee:
Randall Ross
Definition:
Drafting
Series goal:
None
Implementation:
Started
Milestone target:
None
Started by
Randall Ross on 2013-03-12

Related branches

Sprints

Whiteboard

Putting this here as a placeholder/reminder to get this going as soon as possible ;) (randall)

Release team will have updated https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SReleaseSchedule soon, but we can just https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseSchedule in the meantime. Suggested date now was the weekend around 2013-09-15.

Work items:
Needs Date - email loco-contacts to notify of dates : TODO
Needs Date - team meeting #1 : TODO
Needs Date - team meeting #1 : TODO
Needs Date - email to loco-contacts list, asking them to put an email address on their launchpad page ** This is a problem with every event, every cycle. Community leaders should be reachable easily and not cloaking their email. (End of rant) : TODO
Needs Date - get global jam event added to loco.ubuntu.com : TODO
Needs Date - scrape team contacts email addresses : TODO
Needs Date - Draft email to be sent to all team contacts : TODO
Needs Date - individual emails to N. America : TODO
Needs Date - individual emails to Europe : TODO
Needs Date - individual emails to Africa leaders : TODO
Needs Date - individual emails to Asia - needs owner : TODO
Needs Date - individual emails to South America - needs owner : TODO
Needs Date - individual emails to Australia - needs owner : TODO
Needs Date - individual emails to "No Country" teams - needs owner : TODO
Needs Date - email to community team for bugs/testing/translations updates : TODO
Needs Date - Update UGJ sub page + packaging (generally updated, will add specific tasks soon): TODO
Needs Date - Update UGJ sub page + bugs + testing (Nick) : TODO
Needs Date - Update UGJ sub page + translation : TODO
Needs Date - reach out to docs team phillw for assistance with docs wiki page : TODO
Needs Date - draft and send prize proposal to community team : TODO
Needs Date - reach out to UbuntuFriendly cprofitt to ask for wiki instructions : TODO
Needs Date - Update UGJ sub page + docs : TODO
Needs Date - analyze prior event counts, set targets for number of jams in R cycle : TODO
Needs Date - blog to Ubuntu Planet : TODO
Needs Date - reach out to daker and mhall re updating dashboard : TODO
Needs Date - update loco portal dashboard : TODO
Needs Date - email to loco-contacts with update/suggestions : TODO
Needs Date - - team meeting #2 : TODO
Needs Date - - ask community team to post to social nets : TODO
Needs Date - blog team count update to Planet : TODO
Needs Date - - reach out to Jose re: "Jam On Air" to promo : TODO
Needs Date - - promo Jam on Jono's show : TODO
Needs Date - - team meeting #2 : TODO
Needs Date - - mail ubuntu-devel to get more tasks on the jam page: TODO
Needs Date - scrape emails of teams not on loco portal : TODO
Needs Date - email community-announce list about UGJ : TODO
Needs Date - blog to Ubuntu Planet (two people make a Jam,etc) : TODO
Needs Date - check in with phone devs re instructions ready for Jam? : TODO
Needs Date - check in with N7 devs re useful community tasks for Jam? : TODO
Needs Date - reach out to dev teams re useful community tasks for Jam? : TODO
Needs Date - notify loco-contacts re upcoming Ubuntu on Air : TODO
Needs Date - email to loco-contacts with update/suggestions, and phone in event description : TODO
Needs Date - blog to Planet update/suggestions : TODO
Needs Date - blog to planet re Juju stuff that can be done in a Jam : TODO
Needs Date - blog to planet re testing stuff that can be done in a Jam : TODO
Needs Date - add jam instructions to UAK : TODO
Needs Date - email unregistered team leads/contacts https://launchpad.net/~locoteams/+members#invited : TODO
[dpm] Needs Date - - team meeting #3 : TODO
Needs Date - - promo Jam on Jono's show : TODO
Needs Date - - encourage use of "phone" & "tablet" in event description : TODO
Needs Date - - get LoCo council to change twitter tag to #ubuntu : TODO
Needs Date - - invite guests for Ubuntu on Air session : TODO
Needs Date - - reach out to teams hosting Ubuntu Hours on that weekend to re-badge : TODO
Needs Date - - email loco-contacts re Ubuntu on Air session : TODO
Needs Date - - blog about Jam and encourage people to attend Ubuntu On Air : TODO
Needs Date - blog to Ubuntu Planet : TODO
Needs Date - - host Ubuntu on Air, Jam edition : TODO
Needs Date - - ping Daniel re phone/tablet guidance for Jam : TODO
Needs Date - rally support on ubuntu-phone mailing list : TODO
Needs Date - scrape loco portal for phone jams : TODO
Needs Date - blog to Ubuntu Planet : TODO
Needs Date - email to loco-contacts with update/suggestions : TODO
Needs Date - - team meeting #4 : TODO
Needs Date - buy charcoal and alder for Jam-B-Que : TODO
Needs Date - blog to Ubuntu Planet, including phone jams : TODO
Needs Date - email loco-contacts to consider using IRC, and Hangouts for Jams : TODO
Needs Date - blog to Planet - It's time to Jam! (and how to post photos, links, etc) : TODO
Needs Date - blog to Ubuntu Planet - Recap #1 : TODO
Needs Date - blog to Ubuntu Planet - Recap #2 : TODO

(?)

Work Items

Work items:
[randall] - initiate date(s) discussion with CCT : DONE
[jonobacon] - chime in with date(s) : TODO

This blueprint contains Public information 
Everyone can see this information.

Subscribers

No subscribers.