Summit development plans from UDS-Q

Registered by Chris Johnston on 2012-01-06

Discussion during UDS-Q on the further plans and development for summit.ubuntu.com

Blueprint information

Status:
Not started
Approver:
Jono Bacon
Priority:
Undefined
Drafter:
Summit Hackers
Direction:
Needs approval
Assignee:
Summit Hackers
Definition:
Approved
Series goal:
Accepted for quantal
Implementation:
Unknown
Milestone target:
None

Related branches

Sprints

Whiteboard

Blueprint error review from UDS-Q:

Named incorrectly:
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/meeting/20477/other-q-qa-ubuntu-automation-test-harness/
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/meeting/20481/other-q-qa-release-communication-improvements/
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/meeting/20467/other-q-ubuntu-qa-tools/
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/meeting/20336/other-extra-large-application-testing/
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/meeting/20480/other-q-qa-metrics/
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/meeting/20454/other-q-qa-labsetup/
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/meeting/20479/other-q-qa-builds-smoke-testing/
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/meeting/20478/other-q-qa-add-test-coverage/
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/meeting/20483/other-q-qa-backlog/
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/multimonitor-spread
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-dell-devops-community-feedback
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/unity-12-04-q-and-a
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/unity-help
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/unity-performance-measurement
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kubuntu-q-active
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kubuntu-q-development
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kubuntu-q-docs
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kubuntu-q-future
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kubuntu-q-images
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kubuntu-q-packaging
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/full-proxy-support
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/lubuntu-q-work-items
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/password-selection
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/sound-theme
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/spread-multi-monitor-improvements
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/software-center-q-client
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/software-center-q-server
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/unity-greeter-q
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/meeting/20604/packageselection-foundations-n-event-based-initramfs

Incorrect Definition:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-q-qt-bof
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-q-ubuntu-accomplishments-development-planning
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-q-growing-ubuntu-community-accomplishments
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-q-metrics
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-q-ubuntu-youth

Shouldn't have been marked for UDS:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/topic-quantal-kernel-hwe-essential
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/topic-quantal-release-management

Deleted/Superseded:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-q-automated-bootloader-testing
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/meeting/20494/foundations-q-autocreate-preseed/

 * Need to add organizer to the track lead can schedule logic following the track lead blackout dates for scheduling
 * Work on the schedule displays

Things to do after connect:
 * Update fragaria to Precise
 * Update Summit to use Django 1.4 and newest South 0.7.4
 * Django admin logging

(?)

Work Items

Work items:
[vorlon] work on wording for the participation essential checkbox: POSTPONED
"this session should be scheduled around my availability" "stakeholder": TODO
Allow manually moving a schedule without locking it to that slot (email manual person if its moved by an automated scheduler?): TODO
State which session is causing a conflict when manually scheduling: TODO
Restrict "participation essential" in Launchpad: TODO
[alanbell] Investigate limiting "participation essential" import to specific groups: DONE
[mhall119] Investigate weighting "participation essential" when rescheduling: DONE
[mhall119] Replace old wide display with one based on tables: POSTPONED
[mhall119] Incorporate social feeds into wide display: POSTPONED
Allow track leads to add their track to a session: TODO
[mhall119] Make dead blueprints command only output dead blueprints: TODO
[mhall119] Setup cron to email list of dead UDS blueprints: TODO
[mhall119] Setup cron to email list of dead LCQ blueprints: TODO
Add view for "the current session in this room" for the permanent projector: TODO
Show one day at a time for "My Schedule" view: TODO
[mhall119] Add ability to search meetings: DONE
Add ability to search participants: TODO
Add links to other particpant's schedules: TODO
Add "My Schedule" link on Meeting page: TODO