Localized ISO community growth, Quantal plans
Review of the Precise cycle and brainstorming on how to improve.
I posted a tutorial about the ubiquity-slideshow stuff at http://
#uds-p #track #topic
Description of current process:
FAQ and guidelines:
Last cycle Italian team decided to create a localized CD with the statndard Ubuntu tools
= Results from Italian Team =
2 Images (Ubuntu i386, amd64)
3 Testcase (Live, Install, Applications)
128 Tests performed in total
Weekly, Beta2 and Final Milestone
Further details: https:/
= ToDo =
== Point Release ==
- Double check with pitti if ubuntu-
-> live-build seems to do this just fine, but do a build now and verify it's got packages from -updates
== Quantal ==
- Promote ubuntu-defaults-it package in Universe
- xdatap1 start process for getting package upload rights
= Needs for next cycle =
== Hosting space ==
- test images
- final images
- Deadline: Alpha1 since people.ubuntu.com space is already used for precise images
== Building Machines ==
- Would be possibile to use Canonical's build infrastructure?
- Otherwise Cloud instances would work, may Canonical help us?
= Improvements =
- Can we reduce build time?
- Other languages (spanish, portuguese, german, chinese, etc) are being installed and then removed.
- Document how to keep package cached (run subsequent build in same directory)
- Verify and (if interesting) merging xdatap1's debugging scrips
- How to reduce uploads time? (building server side, maybe)
- Deploy Offspring instance in EC2 or other cloud? https:/
= Testcase =
Example Live Testcase:
ISO Tracker DOC for LoCos: https:/
would be good to have a set of template test cases in English (to be translated) on the localized ISO tracker
-> already exists
Hosting is an issue for some locos. Others have capablities.
Building currently takes quite a long time
[dpm] Connect Paolo with IS to investigate hosting and building options: TODO
[pitti] document caching in the u-d-i manpage: TODO
[didrocks] Work on a set of unified localized image test cases that is a delta of the main iso's test cases: BLOCKED
[kate.stewart] Provide didrocks (French ISO) and dpm (Catalan ISO) access to the localized ISO tracker: TODO
[dylanmccall] Document (oh, and implement) customization of ubiquity-