Ubuntu App Review Board - Update and Planning
Review ARB activity, and plan for the next cycle. Introducing new members.
- Application Review Board
- Allison Randal
- Application Review Board
- Series goal:
- Accepted for precise
- Milestone target:
- Started by
- Allison Randal on 2011-11-16
- Completed by
- Package review workflow and workload, coping with the recent substantial increase of submissions.
- Response time on new submissions, how can we make sure developers hear from us quickly, and get through the whole process quickly?
- Workflow for review, meaning for bug status and priority.
- Best practices for new packages, smooth easy path to teach new developers.
- Best practices for making software releases, build tools, how to make tarballs, install instructions, making your application able to install in /opt.
- Review recent election of new members, any process improvements?
- Review documentation on developer.
[dholbach] Advise on tools for running elections: DONE
[allison] Document tools for running elections (with improvements based on last round): DONE
[elachuni] Access to MyApps for all ARB members: DONE
[elachuni] Make MyApps use Launchpad teams for access to the ARB review group (already implemented, just needs config update): DONE
[elachuni] Make ARB queue read-only public. The main queue is the DMZ for first submissions. (Need some manual input, rather than automatically bumping over FLOSS zero-cost submissions.): DONE
[elachuni] Need a way to see the list of apps that are waiting for replies: DONE
[elachuni] Implementing a way to respond without resubmitting: DONE
[elachuni] Need notifications of apps sent to app-review-board mailing list.: DONE
[lfaraone] Start discussion on the mailing list on deadline (and time length): DONE
[allison] Work together with Debian and Fedora on guidelines for upstreams: POSTPONED
[allison] Create another ARB session for Friday: DONE
[jono] Hand off mailing list admin on app-review-board mailing list: DONE
[allison] Set up a "patch pilot" rotation schedule. Pair stgraber with one of the new members: DONE
[jonathan] Sign up for a slot in the patch pilot scheme: DONE
[stgraber] Sign up for a slot in the patch pilot scheme: DONE
[ajmitch] Sign up for a slot in the patch pilot scheme: DONE
[fagan] Sign up for a slot in the patch pilot scheme: DONE
[bhavi] Sign up for a slot in the patch pilot scheme: DONE
[lfaraone] Sign up for a slot in the patch pilot scheme: DONE
[allison] Send a message to all submitters to move from Launchpad back to MyApps: DONE
[allison] Update process documentation for MyApps: DONE
* Blueprints in grey have been implemented.