Hybrid graphics support strategy planning
Many new laptop models come with two gfx chips, one with lower power consumption and other with more gfx processing power. What options exist to provide a better user experience to switch between the two, and what can be accomplished within the S timeframe.
* Saucy's kernel and xserver already include the required patches to enable basic support for Hybrid GFX
- Maybe add a couple more patches for X?
* Support in Lightdm
* The gnome-settings-
* fglrx & NVIDIA have some support for hybrid now, are we able to support that?
* Nvidia 319.12 documentation: http://
* Correct instructions plus using Intel instead of Modesetting: http://
* Update xrandr to 1.4.0
* What is the status of support Hybrid graphics in MIR ?
[mlankhorst] get the kernel pieces ready and upstream: INPROGRESS
[ubuntu-x-swat] look at fixing drawing glitches where offsets are wrong or pixmaps not shared: TODO