Support for Amazon's SQS in the Cloud
txAWS wants to provide a full cloud API for developers who need the benefits of async programming in their applications and/or scripts. Providing support for Simple Queue Service in txAWS is part of this effort.
* Developers can create an unlimited number of Amazon SQS queues with an unlimited number of messages.
* A queue can be created in the United States or in Europe. Queue names and message stores are independent of other regions.
* The message body can contain up to 8 KB of text in any format.
* Messages can be retained in queues for up to 4 days.
* Messages can be sent and read simultaneously.
* When a message is received, it becomes “locked” while being processed. This keeps other computers from processing the message simultaneously. If the message processing fails, the lock will expire and the message will be available again. In the case where the application needs more time for processing, the “lock” timeout can be changed dynamically via the ChangeMessageVi
* Developers can access Amazon SQS through standards-based SOAP and Query interfaces.
* Developers can securely share Amazon SQS queues with others. Queues can be shared with other AWS accounts and Anonymously. Queue sharing can also be restricted by IP address and time-of-day.
See the developer guide: