Scripts for txAWS
In bug #482357, Robert Collins suggested that we start adding command line tools for txAWS. The intent of this blueprint is to list those parts of txAWS that currently don't have a command line tool, and then set in place a policy for all new work, with regard to such tools.
The following subpackages need to provide a command line tool:
The following subpackages are currently planned, and will need scripts:
* These tools need to be scripts in the package bin directory.
* They need to have the similar names as their Amazon EC2 API Tools counterparts (e.g. txaws-add-group).
* The command line options and manner of calling need to be identical.
* For every branch that includes support for a new AWS API call, a new script needs to be created.
* Code that scripts share in common should be created in txaws.scripts; bin scripts will import code from there.
* The more code that can be in txaws.scripts, the better (i.e., make the code as reusable as possible).
We should watch closely the discussions around the following whiteboard:
The current list of EC2 API Tools scripts: