Various requirements for assigning IP addresses to XenServer guests
• Need to be able to add & remove multiple IP addresses for a specific interface into the networking configuration for a guest.
• Need the option to only configure the networking protections (firewall) and not actually add the IP(s) to the interface(s). [no-config option]
• Need the option to configure the networking protections (firewall) AND add the IP(s) to the interface(s). [config option]
• Need to support sharing the same IP on multiple guests (on any interface, public or private).
Blocked by landing of Melange
ttx (2011-05-23): Pushed back to diablo-3 since multi-nic has priority
I have an early gut-feeling that this bp is going to require a lot of work. We'll need support for multiple NIC's per instance and the ability to decide which NIC new addresses are added to. Could be rather high-reaching.
This is blocked until I can get multi-nic done.
Deferred: API work got priority
* Blueprints in grey have been implemented.