Migrate instance from syspanel
In the syspanel, I would expect the ability to migrate a single server.
0) login as admin
1) go to syspanel
2) go to instances and find the instance you want to migrate
3) click migrate
The novaclient library exposes the API:
$ nova help migrate
usage: nova migrate <server>
Migrate a server.
<server> Name or ID of server.
- Devin Carlen
- Julie Pichon
- Series goal:
- Accepted for grizzly
- Milestone target:
- Started by
- Julie Pichon on 2012-11-21
- Completed by
- Gabriel Hurley on 2013-01-08
[jpichon] Uploaded to Gerrit as a work in progress, feedback very welcome.
Addressed by: https:/
Migrate an instance from the admin dashboard
- Adding explanations to the confirmation dialog:
- This is a 2-steps process
- The auto-confirm configuration option may have been set
I think highlighting that this is a 2-step process in the UX is a very important part of the blueprint, additional ideas in that area are also welcome.
Since I had to look it up initially... 'nova migrate' performs a "dead" migration on a server, essentially creating a snapshot of the drive, transferring it to a new server and rebooting.  The new host is selected by the scheduler. 
- Migrate and resize share a code path (as in, migrate is a special kind of resize or vice-versa...). When the migration begins, the default status messages are "Resize migrating", "Verify resize" etc which could be confusing. Ideally the UI should show migration-specific messages.
- Migrate/resize is a 2-step process. After the resize a resize-confirm or resize-revert command needs to be manually entered. This 2-steps process will need to be reflected in the UI.
Additionally there's an auto-confirm config option (resize_
- By default migrate is an admin-only option. This could be changed by updating nova's policy.json -- taking this into account may be work for another, bigger blueprint though... The confirm/revert step isn't restricted to admins.