Implemented in libawn to provide an convenient consistent method to handle gtk theme icons and easily allow users to override them either for:
1) An applet instance.
2) All instances of an applet.
3) All applets using the named icon.
The implementation will remain compatible with gtk theming by providing a specific awn-theme icon directory somewhere under the users home.
1) Handles the loading of the appropriate icon.
2) Will provided a simple api for applets that only deal with one icon but will have an extended api with the ability manage multiple icons if an applet uses multiple icons.
3) Will handle the drag and drop of icons into the applet.
Will sufficiently abstract the process so that a, single icon, user of applet simple should only need to enable the feature after which no further management will be needed.
1) Will handle icon scaling by reloading (using awn-icons) at the desired resolution on bar height changes.
2) Will hook into the awn-icons signals on icon drag and drop so that applet icons are transparently updated.
Implementation has begun.